Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Day & the Bible

Thursday was my first day in the school. Already I can already tell that my experience at this school is going to be very educational. I sat back of the room, and in the discussions, and front row of the theater to watch what the classes were all about. I recognized a lot of the criteria that must be taught in accordance of the common core standards, like what we are discussing in class. Next time I plan on bringing a copy of the standards next time, as well as some tools in reading MacBeth, which is what two of the classes are looking at. Although I will not be teaching in the AP class, I still have started collecting ideas on criteria and lessons of AP Literature that the teacher is using. Thursday students were supposed to bring Bibles to class to draw literary devices out of historical sources. Besides a Bible literacy class in high school I have never seen a teacher use a Bible to teach Literature, and it was a great resource. 

Today I did not go to the school because there were no senior classes and thus no classes to work with. Although I can only guess what will be going on in the class on Thursday since I'm not there every day, I am looking forward to going back!

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean no senior classes? I'm a little confused. I'm very interested in the "everybody bring a Bible to school" strategy. Interesting. I'd like to see more about that here - it'd be a great chance to determine how individual students respond to a particular lesson. Were there students who sailed through? Students who struggled a lot? What might account for those differences?

    ReplyDelete